Flatbush Noire & Flatbush Noir! ;- One is a Weekly Artisan Night Market The other is an “omniChannel”, an Online and offline space, with a physical a creative coworking space that is open from 9pm to 8am In The Flatbush Area of Brooklyn
May 1st 2013 means the launch of our Brooklyn Fashion/Creative/Maker/Tech program. I’ve often laughed that this is not my mama’s dress-shoppe! truthfully it’s also not the same design sector I emerged into when I left Fashion Institute of Technology! My Partners and I are currently wrapping up a free cowork offer that was picked up a group of five young designers and introduced us to the needs of two other young creative and queries from the UK, Caribbean and Argentina! This Classroom is Global!
We had going into this identified the need for a strong technology and entrepreneurial, design and technical design program that suited the needs of young emerging designers. Our connection to the Esaie Design Couture School
The needs for a retail training program was less evident , closer inspection left concerns on current and emerging social commerce practices and the perceived vs real success My exploration of Connected TV & Telepresence noted a need for exploration in retail on that frontier. We also had to consider the impact of omnichannel retailing, which defines the trend to have both an offline and online presence. Omnichannel provides challenges for experienced retailers, with new and emerging independent designers gaining online experience is easy even when not guided offline experience however was a challenge, with Pop up options at trade and ‘flea” markets offering an extremely ‘filtered” reality as to consumer needs and trends!
We’re still undecided at to which is which… but we do need to pull the last minute details together!
- It’s first and foremost a coworking space where designer can work from 9pm-8am
- access to mentors, experts and influencers in Creativity, Marketing, bsienss, Tech
- Studio/production- 9pm-8am
- Sales space Friday/7PM -1 AM
- Wi-fi & Computers
- Digital – Sessions to set up your digital presence and strateg
- Studio/production- discount of day rates and rental 9am-9pm
- Entrepreneurial Curriculum
- Creativity ideation workshop/challenges
- Technical assistance in product/line development
- production quality control & fit
- Revenue model-funding and financial literacy
- Business Model
- Brand & Integrated marketing Strategy
Creative Tech focus…
- Sourcing- Group & bulk & batch processing…
- collaborative marketing
Introduction to New Tech Tools
- digital textile
- laser cutting
- 3D printing
- Storytelling and content creation- image, audio, video, text & telepresence
- Technique and Strategy for use and integration of new apps and tools.
- Try Presefy- a Mobile tool that allows you to spice up presentations by going 100% mobile and allowing your audience to follow in real-time on their own devices. Sign using this link and get an extra free presentation! http://presefy.com/#/register/
5150c9856ded849d08033f11resefy .com/#/register/ 5150c9856ded849d08033f11
Distribution and discussions of Trade related info,
Access Distribution of reports
eg The Free Fashion Tech report with a Google plus community for discussions!
more offers from partners
DISTANCE & VIRTUAL ACCESS?
We’ve been asked, “Can I participate from… Teh UK Or ARgentina?”
The answer is Yes the fact is I’ve helped with designers abroad (not in the US) since 2004 and the current technologyeven better enables this, but please rsvp for Virtual participation so we can contact you with info
I'm exploring the full potential of digital space for the small local entrepreneur or digital nomad. BonnieSandy.com is being redesigned and set up as a digital space, designed to accomodate the needs of an independent creative entrepreneur and industrialist, both online and offline. t serves as my office | Library | Studio | Lobby | Bulletin board | Conference Room | Home | Blog | About | Purpose | Events | VIPS | Help Desk | I explore and challenge What is and can be platforms for creative entrepreneurship :- DeMarketplace | NYukCo | Brooklyn Fashion Week |Mode Kompas | 28 Squared |#Sewopen |Studio | Pre-Startups | A means for you to Contact me | Support | and follow via Social BS |SUBSCRIBE the best way to Stay updated If you cannot find what you need simply Contact Me. Thank you and Remember your Sharing, Sponsorship and Support, helps Conceive Change!
Email This Post Print This Post