Prom plays a major part in the indie local design scene, one GREAT prom season can fund a business venture. An indie designer can earn $3-6000 per season, more if they have asssistance. So it’s time to head on out and leverage your talent to fund your dream…
- Research, colors trends, fabrics etc
- Create your design
- Create a sample to show your skill level
- Define options, color, trim, fabric, print, style (our style reports will be out soon)
- Create a look book of options sketches and photos
- Price services and times of deliveries
- Do costing and pricing sheets… I offer one on one consulting on doing so use contact form or chatbox lower left .
- Write up contract (insist that parents sign contracts for those under 18)
- Reach out to social media
- Reach out to the community- I offer one on one consulting on doing so use contact form or chatbox lower left
- DO NOT show clients’ clothing on your social media streams, till AFTER the event and then only if they approve-
- Consider using telepresence – skype, Google hangouts- for early “meetings’
- Collect leads (you need someone else to do this)
- Ensure there is a 50% deposit and do review your terms of service.
- Contact and follow through!
- Let clients sign off/initial on changes
- Set delivery at least 2 weeks before event to allow for “Life”
I’ve included some of my earlier prom designs, feel free to use as “inspiration”. Feel free to contact me with questions! Designers that offer this service please add your name via http://Submit.Demarketplace.com
I'm exploring the full potential of digital space for the small local entrepreneur or digital nomad. BonnieSandy.com is being redesigned and set up as a digital space, designed to accomodate the needs of an independent creative entrepreneur and industrialist, both online and offline. t serves as my office | Library | Studio | Lobby | Bulletin board | Conference Room | Home | Blog | About | Purpose | Events | VIPS | Help Desk | I explore and challenge What is and can be platforms for creative entrepreneurship :- DeMarketplace | NYukCo | Brooklyn Fashion Week |Mode Kompas | 28 Squared |#Sewopen |Studio | Pre-Startups | A means for you to Contact me | Support | and follow via Social BS |SUBSCRIBE the best way to Stay updated If you cannot find what you need simply Contact Me. Thank you and Remember your Sharing, Sponsorship and Support, helps Conceive Change!
Email This Post Print This Post