Some Facebook groups now allows the member to “Sell Something”. I realized many do not know they exist… I was recently asked to explain “how to” post items to these
- Head to your facebook groups and check which allows this feature.
- Check the group focus and rules respect them, if in doubt ask.
- Navigate to the group page and post… it is usually the default posting method… see image aboveHOW TO FILL OUT
- Write name of your product here – Your company, product name, product type
- Ads a Price $- (price of the product)
- Provide pick up or delivery options (100 characters) Please note shipping charges in description. With www.NYukCo.com our collective members have a weekly Brooklyn space to accommodate pickups (saturday 12-5 At Stratosphere 227 Utica Avenue Bklyn NY) … if you do not consider a local cafe. Shipping is an option but weigh the value of insuring your items… as there is no “oversight body”
Some choose to keep it vague, fearing the competition. Since this is new and the group dynamic may differ you would need to test to see what works… remember to remove items once sold.
Suggested info for the Description Box
- What is it – be descriptive..
- What makes it special
- size choices
- WHERE IS IT MADE eg Made in Brooklyn NY
- Asking Price/Regular retail price (write the price you are asking above )
- BUY NOW at Direct linktopurchase
- your shopping cart
- Paypal “buy now” button on post
- www.ecwid.com is a fee shopping cart up to 10 items
- A link More item listing on your website/blog
- A link to Contact info eg www.bonniesandy.com/contact-us
You will also need images of the item. I would suggest also testing to see what works for each group. Do not sell on price but stress the value of your product.
Once engaged you need to make sure both legal and basic info is included . eg
- Shipping cost and time
- ITEM REFUND POLICY LINK (your web site) basics – This can be set up in a post on your site, in a catalog or in an email, invoice.
We recommend using your website… with a detailed product description and a “buy now” button (at the simplest) or a shopping cart… Tumblr, wordpress, are great for listing more details on products as they are mobile accessible… however a Google doc will also work.
In the next few weeks We’ll be testing various ways to post and reaction and results within NYukCo
Check back for updates or subscribe to the workshops list
Subscribe to my newsletter by filling the form below.
I'll try to make you happy.
A confirmation email will be sent to your mailbox:
please read the instructions to complete the subscription.
Email This Post Print This Post