Designers you need to let others sell for you , you cannot do it all… if you are sitting at a booth you are not producing.
The questions I ask when I look at post across social media is
- Tell me WHY SHOULD I BUY This Item…
- Who do I know will this item suit…
- What sets this Item apart from others
I have looked at some of the sites and post on social media and frankly… how do they sell!
When I share images, I often do not have the info that is needed to sell an item/s!
Many do not understand how to streamline … and DELEGATE so they try to do it all.
- Design is One full time Job
- Production Is another
- Marketing and then
You only have 24 Hrs and at sometime you need to sleep
Drop Shipping As an Option..
When drop shipping, you let others sell… so you can concentrate on making and delivering… while they market,push and do the social media lifting. but you will need to give them the info to sell. including Why someone would want to buy this item…
It’s not complicated… I often ask makers to start with the why….
WHY SHOULD ANYONE BUY THIS- product , service merchandise? Who could make great use of this?
You’d be surprised how many cannot answer that question! It starts with the product and what you sell the customer about the product!
The Garment in the above image
- will suit a number of figure type
- It can be style in Various ways
- worn for various occasions
- it is an attention Grabber
- conversation starter
- may be influenced by a piece of art at the least
- It is an interesting take on the color blocking trend
there are other options it could;- employ local artisans, is locally produced, uses a new fabric or technique, supports a particular cause…
We offer product workshops and line edits. but there is also a need to
- look at price positioning… would YOU buy this
- look at images and offers … I’m serious, get a collection editorial and simple clear shot even make a quick product videos that you can offer for media use!
Guide to Sales Collateral see
Email This Post Print This Post
LABEL BY DESIGNER/COMPANY
ITEM NAME (product ID)
Style And Editorial Notes
SIZE & FIT
Refund return policy!
Tips for added sales… ..
- Tell me WHY SHOULD I BUY This Item
- Please do NOT compete against yourself… by offering this on your site at the same time..
- Why would they respond to this offer. for offers exclusive to this campaign
- Share the news
Not In NYC or city of offer…
Please check you shipping deadlines and add a week…
Please check you latest rates
Why does the link not lead back to my site… well it depends on arrangement… do you put your sources on your garments! I have always left links … and many have found you and come directly to you. But in some cases, Site owners may need to track who shares and how…
Thank you, Sharing, Sponsorship and Support, helps Conceive Change!
I decided to move memberrship to another format. please sign up at VIP.BonnieSandy.com to be kept in the loop! While we reorganize please use the SEARCH function. If you cannot find what you need simply Contact us. BonnieSandy.com
is being redesigned and set up as a digital space, designed to accomodate the needs of an independent creative entrepreneur and industrialist, both online and offline. It serves as an office | Library | Studio | Concierge office | Lobby | Bulletin board etc a centralized location connected to and connecting all offsite outpost! During 2014, I'm exploring the full potential of digital space for the small local entrepreneur or digital nomad.