Designers you need to let others sell for you , you cannot do it all… if you are sitting at a booth you are not producing.
- Tell me WHY SHOULD I BUY This Item…
- Who do I know will this item suit…
- What sets this Item apart from others
- Design is One full time Job
- Production Is another
- Marketing and then
You only have 24 Hrs and at sometime you need to sleep
Drop Shipping As an Option..
It’s not complicated… I often ask makers to start with the why….
WHY SHOULD ANYONE BUY THIS- product , service merchandise? Who could make great use of this?
You’d be surprised how many cannot answer that question! It starts with the product and what you sell the customer about the product!
The Garment in the above image
- will suit a number of figure type
- It can be style in Various ways
- worn for various occasions
- it is an attention Grabber
- conversation starter
- may be influenced by a piece of art at the least
- It is an interesting take on the color blocking trend
there are other options it could;- employ local artisans, is locally produced, uses a new fabric or technique, supports a particular cause…
We offer product workshops and line edits. but there is also a need to
- look at price positioning… would YOU buy this
- look at images and offers … I’m serious, get a collection editorial and simple clear shot even make a quick product videos that you can offer for media use!
LABEL BY DESIGNER/COMPANY
ITEM NAME (product ID)
Tips for added sales… ..
- Tell me WHY SHOULD I BUY This Item
- Please do NOT compete against yourself… by offering this on your site at the same time..
- Why would they respond to this offer. for offers exclusive to this campaign
- Share the news
Email This Post Print This Post