I have a simple philosophy that every day is a new beginning! A new opportunity to get back on the proverbial saddle. To rethink EVERYTHING, to praise, learn and love your purpose! If you know me you know I believe in a higher calling and that surrender to that calling is a true path to happiness!
Today is the Kwanzaa principle of Faith! It is probably the one thing that is sure and constant!
Imani (Faith): To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle…
Faith is stepping forward knowing that your feet will land where it needs to! Faith takes courage in a power higher than self!
Fear is the absence of faith! this year I got a lesson in Faith… from my community. BKStyleCon was nothing but a dream pulled off with teh help of community!
I’m not sure I agree with the Kwanzaa explaination of Faith… rather I think that Faith in a higher power allows us to
“believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of just struggle… ”
Translated whether in business, personal, community or digital… It simply means trust your gut! Dare to take a chance, understand that if it is to be and you put forth teh effort it will!
It’s 2015 where’s your Faith!
About KWANZAA 2014 Embracing the principles in Business, Community Personal and even Digital, Practices ;- I take Kwanzaa as a time of self examinination to define & recommit to my personal vales and principles as it relates to teh Pan African community;-
- Umoja – Unity is a doing word – Next Year I’m Unifying My Life
- Kujichagulia The Quest to Define Self Must Proceed – Self Determination!
- UJIMA – Be Ye not Unequally Yoked- Collective Work and Responsibility
- Ujamaa – Is it Simply a word You Recite on December 29th each year!
- Nia- PURPOSE Is The REASON For Which YOU WERE created or For Which YOU Exists.
- Kuumba- Seriously Are you Creative- Are We
- Imani –What’s Faith Got To Do with IT
See also 12 days of #Techmas
- About 12 Days of Techmas Curations– Each year I “gift” technology. This year I’m curating and distributiong via my topics on Scoop it- http://sco.lt/7bQfAX . Each “gift” looks at technology that can be added to the modern business person’s digital toolbox. Check out and Follow my scoops at http://www.scoop.it/u/bonnie-sandy“What would you do with technology if you could!” explore the concepts online.”
2015 My weekly newletter begins