It just occured to me that Nia within Kwanzaa, is not about personal purpose … it is about collective purpose, using your personal purpose for Ujima and Ujamaa…
Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
Our purpose within the village. I’m not sure what those who defined Kwanzaa had in mind. It seems this is not about what is YOUR purpose but rather how can you make your vocation part of a collective effot to build our community.
- a strong feeling of suitability for a particular career or occupation.
- a person’s employment or main occupation, especially regarded as particularly worthy and requiring great dedication.
So identify your vocation
- What is your main occupation your skill– I’m a trained fashion designer and a soft goods product developer
- What do you have experience at – Running creative cottage businesses
- What are you dedicated to – I spend hours learning and exploring technology
- What are you very good at – explaining tech business and fashion in a manner otehrs understand
So today I’ll think about theat within teh collective and updat this post later…
About KWANZAA 2014 Embracing the principles in Business, Community Personal and even Digital, Practices ;- I take Kwanzaa as a time of self examinination to define & recommit to my personal vales and principles as it relates to teh Pan African community;-
- Umoja – Unity is a doing word – Next Year I’m Unifying My Life
- Kujichagulia The Quest to Define Self Must Proceed – Self Determination!
- UJIMA – Be Ye not Unequally Yoked- Collective Work and Responsibility
- Ujamaa – Is it Simply a word You Recite on December 29th each year!
- Nia- PURPOSE Is The REASON For Which YOU WERE created or For Which YOU Exists.
- Kuumba- Seriously Are you Creative- Are We
- Imani –What’s Faith Got To Do with IT
See also 12 days of #Techmas
- About 12 Days of Techmas Curations– Each year I “gift” technology. This year I’m curating and distributiong via my topics on Scoop it- http://sco.lt/7bQfAX . Each “gift” looks at technology that can be added to the modern business person’s digital toolbox. Check out and Follow my scoops at http://www.scoop.it/u/bonnie-sandy“What would you do with technology if you could!” explore the concepts online.”
2015 My weekly newletter begins