On the 11th day of #techmas @badassebs sent to me, 11 Content Classes
Technology is simply a tool and whether your business model is content creation or you’re creating content to communicate during the course of running your businesses, digital tools lighten the load and have a far wider impact. I’d love to find fashion trade content that effectively embraces these, too many forget the essentials or worse never quite get it!
It is for the end user and needs to reflect their best interest, needs a & concerns
It is about the Brand, it’s authenticity and it’s value
Remember the why…
This curation originally looked at Robin Goods; “The Ultimate Guide To Editorial Content Types and Formats”
But while preparing I could not help but reference the Conversation Prism and tat break down of communication tools…
As you read think of how these eleven content classes can impact your bottom line and sever to meet teh needs of your cohorts!
11 Content Classes (Types and Formats)
1. Synthesis- Reference – Df – Definitions | Ck – Checklist | Ap – Action Plans | Gl – Glossary | Di – Directory | Lb – Links Bundle | Pl – People List | Ca – Catalog | Ct – Comparison Table | CC Collection of Collections
2. News & Stories – Ns – News Story | Nh – Newshub | Nc – Curated Newspage | Sc – Scoop | Tr – Tool Review | Op – Personal Opinion | Ps – Personal Story | Ol – Open Letter | Bo – Best of | Eg – Evergreen | Cu – Curated Story | Ac – Articles Collection
3. Data Analysis – Da – Data Analysis | Cs – Case Study | Lf – LongForm Article \ Sf – SnowFallen | Rr – Research Report | Wp – White Paper | Ir – Investigative Report | Ta – Trend Analysis | Id – Industry Report
4. Entertainment’ – Fc – Fun Content | Co – Comics \ Ca – Animated Characters | Cn – Contest Competition | Ml – Movie List | Ap – Audio Playlist | Vp – Video Playlist
5. Visual – Ig – Image Gallery | Pr – Slide Presentation | Vm – Visual Manifesto | Mm – Mindmap | In – Infographic | Sf – Social Flag | Vg – Visual Magazine | Tl – Timeline
6. Conversational – Ft – Forum Thread | Tc – Topical Chat | Wb – Webinar | Ai – Audio Interview | Vi – Video interview | Ec – Live Event Coverage | Lv – Live Video
7. Illustrative Screencast | Vp – Video Presentation | Sd – Animated Story | De – Demo Video | Pd – Podcast | It – Itinerary
8. Institutional – En – Email Newsletter } Ma – Manifesto | Pr – Press Release | Sp – SocialMedia PR | Pc – Press Clippings | Mk – Media Kit | Pf – Portfolio \ Sh – Social Hub
9. Informational = Cr – Crowdfunding Page | Sv – Survey | Qz – Quiz | Pl – Poll | Ak – Ask the Experts | Fa – FAQ | Qa – Question & Answers | Oc – Open Clinic | Rl – Reading List | Bl – Book List
10. Educational – Rl – Resources List | Gu – Guide | Ht – How-to | Lg – Learning Guide | Tu – Tutorial | Bp – Best Practices | Ss – Success Stories | Sd – SlideDoc | Eb – eBook | Mo – MOOC | MOOC List | Tk – Toolkit
11. Instrumental Sb – Strategy board | Ca – Calculator, Estimator | St – Script Tool | Ce – Content Template | Dt – Design Theme | Bg – Buyer’s Guide | Tc – Tools | Jo – Job & Opportunities
Making tech relevant to real people is my passion! This entire series brings tools forward that should be explored. Too often I meet individuals with great social number and little impact and even less financial gain. if all you produce is 10 items or 50 items a month 300000 followers make no difference if they are not interested in what you sell! There is however an opportunity maybe to entertain or educate, or to build perception of value… hence the importance of strategy!
During 2015 January- March we take on the various level with the actual responsibilites needed to execute within several creative tech niches… a practice i’ve adopted for teh last 3 years to increase efficiency and augment my results! Check the article for links and detailed descriptions: http://www.masternewmedia.org/guide-editorial-content-types-formats/#ixzz3Mr6OR5hc
About 12 Days of Techmas Curations– Each year I “gift” technology. This year I’m curating and distributiong via my topics on Scoop it- http://sco.lt/7bQfAX . Each “gift” looks at technology that can be added to the modern business person’s digital toolbox. Check out and Follow my scoops at http://www.scoop.it/u/bonnie-sandy
“What would you do with technology if you could!” explore the concepts online.”
- Umoja – Unity is a doing word – Next Year I’m Unifying My Life
- Kujichagulia The Quest to Define Self Must Proceed – Self Determination!
- UJIMA – Be Ye not Unequally Yoked- Collective Work and Responsibility
- Ujamaa – Is it Simply a word You Recite on December 29th each year!
- Nia- PURPOSE Is The REASON For Which YOU WERE created or For Which YOU Exists.
- Kuumba- Seriously Are you Creative- Are We
- Imani –What’s Faith Got To Do with IT
2015 My weekly newletter begins