On the 12th day of #techmas @badassebs sent to me, 12 Commerce Concepts
- Creative http://mashable.com/2011/09/
- Cognitive http://steveblank.com/2012/
- Contextual http://www.slideshare.net/
- Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people, typically via the internet.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Challenges http://challengepost.com/
- Cultural funding – & P2P peer to peer lending funding http://p2pfoundation.net/
- Accelerators- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Seed_accelerator most accelerators provide Cash | Consultant | Community | Concise | Coding | Collaboration Cofounders
- YCombinator $120K for 7% | West cost .. considered one of the besthttp://www.ycombinator.com/
- ERANYC $40,000 in seed funding and follow-on investment in future rounds.
- Colleagues – fellow businesses the alumni networks,
- Corporate Connections
- Investors – VC’s,
- Consultants and mentors offering support and business know how
- Even the best marketed and supported can and have fallen short on effective consumer development! Customer Development is a four-step framework developed by serial entrepreneur and business school Professor Steve Blank for discovering and validating the right market for your idea, building the right product features that solve customers’ needs, testing the correct model and tactics for acquiring and converting … What is Customer Development? | Market By Numbers http://market-by-numbers.com/
- S&M can eat up more than 50% of a companies budget..
- learn to code onine www.codeacademy.com
- apply for free hackers school https://www.hackerschool.com/
- Tech made in NY resources http://wearemadeinny.com/
- Suggested reading on lean stratups Eris reis http://www.
- Steve blank http://steveblank.com/
- Coworking http://wiki.coworking.org/w/
- Comanufacturing http://www.bakeryandsnacks.
com/Processing-Packaging/Co- manufacturing-boom-sparks- equipment-design-challenges
- Cofounders- Company/team http://www.inc.com/bill-
- This new business structure is not for soloists
- Challenge is essentially one of building collaboraive teams of cofounders
- Creating mechanisms that do not exist such as Business speed dating etc
- Collective Effort eg batch processing with incubators, labs, accelerators, batch processing can be adopted in may areas
- The Difference between Collaboration and Collective Impact – http://www.strivetogether.org/
blog/2012/11/the-difference- between-collaboration-and- collective-impact/
- Connected, Homes, Appliances, Autos, TVs – Internet of things’- communications between physical objects – the Internet of Things refers to a dramatic development in the internet’s function: the fact that, even more than among people, it now enables communication among physical objects- https://hbr.org/2013/05/how-
- Social Media & The conversation prism – www.Conversationprism.com
- New media publishing Robin Good www.Masterne media.com
- Social media and Social media marketing tips – www.hubspot.com/
- Accelerators and even other groups have a demo day with all the press hoopla and access to media that can propel a startup forward. Demo day gives the businesses Check out some of the best Demo presentations going back to 2004 http://www.demo.com/ehome/
About 12 Days of Techmas Curations– Each year I “gift” technology. This year I’m curating and distributiong via my topics on Scoop it- http://sco.lt/7bQfAX . Each “gift” looks at technology that can be added to the modern business person’s digital toolbox. Check out and Follow my scoops at http://www.scoop.it/u/bonnie-sandy
“What would you do with technology if you could!” explore the concepts online.”
- Umoja – Unity is a doing word – Next Year I’m Unifying My Life
- Kujichagulia The Quest to Define Self Must Proceed – Self Determination!
- UJIMA – Be Ye not Unequally Yoked- Collective Work and Responsibility
- Ujamaa – Is it Simply a word You Recite on December 29th each year!
- Nia- PURPOSE Is The REASON For Which YOU WERE created or For Which YOU Exists.
- Kuumba- Seriously Are you Creative- Are We
- Imani –What’s Faith Got To Do with IT
2015 My weekly newletter begins