On the 8th day of #techmas @badassebs sent to me, 9 Video Portals
- What they do – aggregate video streamed content
- Business model Subscription
- What they do – repurpose video content
- Revenue commissions on ticket sales
- What they do Live and ondemand video classes
- Business model -freemium –
- What they do – Telepresence confernce management
- Business model Freemium, advertising
5- A learning Mnagement stystem thatis revolutionizing online video for education. Teachers, trainers, and content publishers use Zaption’s intuitive web app to quickly add images, text, quizzes, and discussions to existing videos from YouTube, Vimeo and private video libraries. Video learning management – Teachers, trainers, and content publishers use Zaption’s intuitive web app to quickly add images, text, quizzes, and discussions to existing videos from YouTube, Vimeo and private video libraries…. http://www.zaption.com/
- What they do Video enable learning management system
- Business model freemium…
6- Pivot share helps media creators and publishers sell their digital video content direct to their audiences, on it’s platform or your their site. No upfront or recurring cost www.Pivotshare.com
- What they do – Allow consumers to buy, rent or subscribe to premium content
- Business model Commissions
- What they do;- The Studio & art gallery model digitized.
- Business model Sponsorships, product placement, product/merchandise sales etc
- What they do – cover and present local, original content and Crowdsourced local video based news aggregator.
Business Model – sponsorship, advertising, aditorial… live streaming events/hosing and sales
LIve streaming Concerts
9- Irocke is hub for live streaming music concerts. While they do not themselves host livestreaming events, the site features embedded live streams from such sources as Ustream, YouTube and Justin.tv… Irocke invite link
- Agregator of live streaming events
VIDEO In BUSINESS
When I started compiling this list a lot of the companies I was familiar with those I met circa 2009-11 at various NY industry meeting, conferences and meetups were out of business. Not because there concepts were invalid but the ecosystem needed to support them did not exist! Even today you’d be surprised how many video ‘experts” have no idea of the scope and potential and with Android Tv set to be on TV sets by next year… well!
Here are few of my favorites that no longer exist!
- www.constellation.tv a virtual video cinema for indie films – scheduled life stream of indie films that could have been be viewed virtually with frinds/audience across the globe.
- Www.VYou.com their video selfie platform took you inside the creator’s space…
- www.Vokle.com live broadcasting station think talk radio with video.
- www.turntable.com lifestreamed concert platform
- www.Shelby.tv Shelby TV took videos from across the web and organizes them based on the user’s preference
- We all can still benefit from these concepts. So how do we make “potential” part of our culture.
ADAPTING AND ADOPTING technology in to your workflow.
I am surpriesed how many, even video professionals are NOT AWARE of the inricacies and opportunities. Video is not just for marketing. it is one of our ESSENTIAL digital communication tools
Our Fashiontech Openlab is really a creative tech opportunity as we will explore the pros cons how to and impact of these technologies on our business models. Just in video alone the core basic types, one needs to simple grasp is the type of videos that can be created, be they;-
Interactive – #connected – #adaptive- #haptic (think – medical & sex industry ). As well as
Review, Testimonial, Viral, Video blog. Experiential video (think creative/sensory videos)
Can the customer seethe info across all their devices and what is the workflow needed to achieve the desired result!
Apart from “Making and Marketing” there is the hosting, encoding, transcoding. tracking, distributing. All before you can consider :- “is it worth the expense” or rather how can we realistically adopt new technologies.
About 12 Days of Techmas Curations–
Each year I “gift” technology. This year I’m curating and distributiong via my topics on Scoop it- http://sco.lt/7bQfAX . Each “gift” looks at technology that can be added to the modern business person’s digital toolbox. Check out and Follow my scoops at http://www.scoop.it/u/bonnie-sandy
“What would you do with technology if you could!” explore the concepts online.”
- Umoja – Unity is a doing word – Next Year I’m Unifying My Life
- Kujichagulia The Quest to Define Self Must Proceed – Self Determination!
- UJIMA – Be Ye not Unequally Yoked- Collective Work and Responsibility
- Ujamaa – Is it Simply a word You Recite on December 29th each year!
- Nia- PURPOSE Is The REASON For Which YOU WERE created or For Which YOU Exists.
- Kuumba- Seriously Are you Creative- Are We
- Imani –What’s Faith Got To Do with IT
2015 My weekly newletter begins