It’s the season for transitions and we’re stepping the game up as far as creating a sustainable local supply chain for local cottage sectors globally. What sets us apart is the process we take our collective through. Tapping into our combined experience and expertise in; -Tradition Fashion, Creative Cottage, Bespoke/Custom tailoring and emerging tech. The following is a report published simultaneously on Brooklyn Fashion Week, Nyukco and our project leads Personal blog… Between Now and September 1oth 2015 this report in itself will evolve..
We understand we do not sell images, we sell apparel. Within the local fashion sector many cater to several price points and clothing categories but “Fashion” usually refers to what’s popular with stylish fashion forward consumers. The business of fashion is successfully executed when we can provide what the consumer needs or desires and what the designersseeks to offer. The former means effective consumer profiling, interaction and development. The latter means addressing issues in the local fashion sector. We’ve worked hard in the last year testing various concepts and we are currently making the transition from testing theories to formatting procedures that works.
At the core design is about creativity and thus opportunities for challenges, inspiration stimulation exploration must exist
We needed to address the sourcing and supply of material, trim & accessories, color, palettes and print
Technical design support and sampling services that ensure great fit is still very much an issue even for the local sector
- Production & Manufacturing personnel, supplies and facilities
Access to experienced personnel with expertise in Merchandising for wholesale,retail and direct sales, online and offline
Fashion As “Conversation”, Navigating the complicated process in marketing, advertising and promotion across the ConversationPrism
Navigating Shipping and Fulfillment, import, export and customer service solutions
the financing funding and other resources to make it happen and
Trade platforms & publications that help monitor and report on innovations & future trends affecting the sector locally and globally
Business of Fashion | Fashion tech | Fashion Law
A list of our present participants as well as their look books will be updated shortly
We focus specifically on the creative cottage sector, however as a collective approach NYukCo is not for everyone. Within our first two weeks we were reminded that creative cottage is a broad term and included. Our first Participants
- Novices, Emerging and Masters Designers crafters and artisans
- Local Participants – Alpha 1 | Alpha 2 | Please contact us to participate in Alpha 3
Alpha Access to Virtual Participants
- Paint-A-Line™ Draw-A-Line™ Brooklyn Has a wealth or artistic talent, visual artist many of whom are not
- Full time Entrepreneurs
- Part Time Entrepreneurs and
Hobbyist – accommodating – Professional in other fields who still create high quality items but are not interested in managing the business of it’s sale as per request we will shift www.DeMarketplace.com
to a manged sales outlet for these
Those who simply want access to resources without participation
Vested Interest Partners and Sponsors
Fashion Interns Apprentices and Angel – round off the full scope of “WHO’ is involved
- Pop Up Lab Part boutique, part pop-up shop, part lab, its a physical space that facilitates live interactions between businesses and consumers. Weekly Saturdays 1-5
- FashionTech Makers Studio A hands on exploration of fashion, tech, and fashion tech, topics as they relate to creative, business, presentation and sale in both the online and digital platforms weekly 10:30 am –1pm
- #SocialCommerce Social commerce - We’ve seen in recent months an emergence of a new type of entrepreneur a person whose daily selfies are soft sells for products to their social media following. Essentially they are engaging in Socialcommerce. They wear these items or pull a “look” together and leverage their carefully developed social collateral. Hence Socialcommerce model. Our designers and stylist encourage consumer engagement, having real customers styled and committing that to various media formats video, photo, with the intent of sharing via social media. We plan to seasonally bring in guest curators, stylist photographers, blogger and models to add their unique voice to the local style conversation
- Video Enabled Sales
our goal is to have our video enabled solution functional by Fall/holiday 2015
Platform Designers across the globe want access to local shoppers. Brooklyn provide access to NYC Fashion in general and the and thepowerful Brooklyn branding particular. However Brooklyn Designers also want access to th global community when they travel. Platform is presented by the team at NYukCo in conjunction with TheStratosphere.com, Bklyn.Tv and WWW.Brooklynfashionweek.
- Bridge is a component through which we seek to integrate local creative cottage into NY vibrant tech and business circuit.
- BYT3– A Sourcing Initiative target date - early 2016
Cottage Production – Training – One of the few component untested on a larger scale is a training program that would create a skilled local production sector. We’ve laid out a plan and will pursue development during Alpha 3
We serve a sector that does not have access to traditional funding, nor press. As such the ability to speak – communicate will be our next focus.
Improving communication between Stakeholders and vested interest parties