Tubetique is an idea born out of trial … When I first told a fellow designer that I wanted to use video technology to sell fashion he sneered and declared that “it would never happen”! That was 2006 last year we started exploring video for other creative outlets!
I believ that we can bring the Boutique shopping experience online and the only way to do so is to do it!
Take a look at the video.. from ted talks
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve watched this video…
You can’t learn to fly at mach 20 unless you fly..
You can’t learn to run a boutique online unless you run a boutique online
I miss the boutique atmosphere, shopping online is a far cry from that experience!
Not everyone sells successfully within the boutique … even offline! Even within the same layout and same product range.. I’ve seen it time after time! Sales is fueled by the person selling.. that inate human connection makes the experience of boutique shopping unique!
I’ve been trying to bring a platform to facilitate that online –
- 2006 we asked designers for their videos… realization runway footage did not do it
- 2007 realized that designers were not set up to sell online explored existing ecommerce platforms
- 2008 Victor Arnez at BCAT help us realize simple taping of fashion- instinctively we wanted to move away from “Show” and engage consumers
- added off line marketing 5000 fliers 3000 unique views 85000 page hits… designer had no production…
- Thanks to a “Google Alert” discovered techniques in “porn” industry that shed light on “engagement” and introduced the concept of tele-presence
- 2011 Brooklyn Fashion Film Festival designers were asked to pull together a fashion film and sales collateral … small test proved that this would result placement in boutiques … also shed lack on designer unpreparedness for sale in general!
- lost offer for marketing distribution we’re still waiting on sales and product description from designers!
We learned when we did… without the fanfare and hype we collected vital data and information!
This year Digital fashion shows launched to press and Buyers during NY Fashion Week… Business of Fashion cited
“Digital Fashion Shows is an innovative new platform that presents online-only runway shows. The collection will have been pre-shot and pre-taped. This platform provides all the materials — show video, images, beauty, run of show — that fashion editors, writers and retailers need to review, cover or potentially buy a collection.”
Few realized That through it all I expected “obstacles”‘. to get past challenges … to plug the holes you have to find them , you only do so “in Flight” . The Technology is the easy aspect to address! Each test allowed us to gather data not just on the technology but also the designers and their preparedness!
professional designers expect to deliver
‘access detail shots of fabrics, prints and accessories, as well as behind the scenes video content, designer inspiration and other downloadable and embeddable assets geared at industry professionals.”
local designers had a serious problem with this… The ability to shop designers in their studios across the world- is so exciting! Especially the slant we’re hoping to pull off! It was not easy.
We persevered and last year held the www.BrooklynfashionFilmfestival.com on a small scale testing with local designers, buyers and consumers! Even before larger well funded projects.. why $100000- $200000 (estimated for such a platform is outside the scope of our individual target audience. to facilitate teh local industry designers will need to work TOHGETHER
What would you Still do Even if you knew at first you would fail…
We have a lot of work to do but we see the vision, have worked out the details and we’re prepping to launch Tubetique .. a solution that would expands the marketplace and redefine how the local independent designers shows and sell!
To do this we’re establishing tech company whose sole purpose will be to facilitate access to technology , funding and resources for local Entrepreneurs seeking to establish Startups!
Well … You can’t learn to run a boutique online unless you run a boutique online!
Have an idea and need support funding resources… drop us a line